Aldrich Construction is at the forefront of the green technology movement. Over the past year or two the economics of green options has changed tremendously. No longer are green technologies expensive alternatives to standard construction methods. Technologies incorporated into the company’s buildings can include:
- Photovoltaic Panels - The State of Connecticut has the most generous program in the nation for solar powered electrical systems. Even if the cost of these systems is too expensive for the client now, for very low costs new buildings can be structurally designed and oriented so these systems can be added at a later date.
- Geothermal Heat - Install on-site wells to take advantage of the stable temperature of the earth to provide heating and cooling.
- Solar Hot Water - These panels are an alternative method to provide hot water. The payback period for this added investment is very reasonable.
- Low VOC Construction Materials - We use paints, adhesives and other construction materials that are durable but environmentally safe.
- Waste Oil Heat - For many companies with large vehicle fleets waste oil burners provide an economical way to dispose of spent oil products.
- Energy Efficient Lighting - Fluorescent light fixtures and compact fluorescent fixtures provide more light at a lower cost than incandescent, metal halide and sodium fixture alternatives.